Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is co-owned by more than 1100 engineers, analysts, and professionals dedicated to providing high caliber services to aerospace and defense and intelligence customers across the US. We are looking for the best to join us as we grow.
Why is MTSI known as one of the Best Places to Work in the Dayton area?
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plan, coordinate and install applications software and hardware for multiple classified networked systems
• Develop, review and modify changes to schedule of operations for successful day to day operations
• Optimize the functionality and performance of hardware and software systems and ensures availability, integrity, efficiency and reliability of servers
• Identify system problems that are of an unusual or complex nature and develops corrective action
• Design data products, processes, or programs that enhance functional area management and provide for increased organization optimization of Information Technology (IT) processes
• Work with the customer Cyber team to implement formal Information Systems Security Plan while also enforcing Information System Security policies.
• Oversee the installation and configuration of applications software and the establishment of user environments
• Troubleshoot and analyze unusual or complex hardware and software malfunctions to resolve physical and logical processing problems and recommends acquisition of equipment, software, and or hardware which will resolve operational problems.
• Continually survey system operation to identify and anticipate potential problems which could lead to loss of serious interruption or compromise of system availability
• Identify corrective or preventative procedures and takes actions to rectify immediate problems and prevent future occurrences
• Develop proposals t0 enhance operational use of systems hardware and software and keeps abreast of technological advances to ensure continued optimum service
• Apply innovative techniques and seasoned judgement to assit management in identifying areas where IT systems can reduce or eliminate labor and time intensive manual processes
• Analyze and diagnose system failures and isolate source of problems. Performs testing, troubleshooting and corrects complex or unusual problems involving interface and interoperability of system components such as hardware systems, software and applications programs
• Manage installation of system patches and enhancements/updates and ensures system integrity is no compromised
• Develop standard procedures for account establishment I, system maintenance and systems recovery
• Ensure maintenance and upgrade procedures are established in such a way as to minimize disruption to normal business functions of organization within the installation. This includes ensuring scheduled backups of servers and the application of upgrades or system patches will have minimum impact
• Provide proactive consultation and instruction with system users to ensure seamless implementation of changes
Key, Skills and Abilities:
• Minimum 5 Years of experience administering Microsoft Servers
• Minimum 5 Years of experience administering LINUX Servers
• Must have 36 months or more of experience in SAP environment in last 5 years.
• Candidates must possess and demonstrate proven communication skills – written and verbal
• Desired that candidate have experience with the following areas: PL3/PL4 Systems Experience, Networking/COMSEC, Scientific software (FORTRAN/C++/LAPACK/Matlab/Octave/Python), Version control software (subversion, git), Automated build systems (CMake, Ant,QMake), GUI programming (with Qt, VTK), Windows / other cross platform development skills (Perl/Python) and/or CAD software.
• TS/SCI mandatory